Thursday 10 October 2013

#CosmoCareers

Firstly, I must say how much I enjoyed yesterday evening! It was really useful and the lovely fashion panel offered a great insight into working in the fashion industry. The gorgeous panel included;

  • Laura Puddy (former Cosmo stylist and columnist)
  • Niki proctor (head of PR at Gorgeous Couture and runs her own PR agency)
  • Emma Pitt (buyer for online boutique Morgan Clare)
  • Katie Curran (head of PR at Boohoo and former womenswear PR manager for ASOS) and,
  • Rio Maddison (designer at Missguided who previously worked at Burberry).

Although my friend and I did get slightly lost, making us half an hour late we didn't miss much and got all the information we needed.

The panel told us about their experiences in the industry such as the best and worst bits about their career, how they got to where they are today - by sleeping in the car, or moving to London with nothing but a suitcase, or how they simply never gave up.

The panel also said how the fashion industry is a labour of love, and not even that deterred me from wanting to go into fashion. Which, for me is a pretty big deal because in all honesty, I would love to earn a salary to live the lifestyle I dream of! But, I love fashion and I am more than happy to give my career more than what it will give back for a while. Determination and patience is key! 

The best part of the evening was definitely getting to ask questions to the fashion panel as we could all get specific information such as CVs, what to wear to an interview etc.

The masterclass definitely answered all the questions I had about working in fashion and I am even more excited to start applying for my sandwich placement. A huge thank you to Cosmo and the stunning fashion panel for an informative and great evening!

No comments:

Post a Comment