Monday 10 February 2014

First Haul of 2014

Ouch! No posts since October... Super sorry but I have been busy with work and uni etc. etc. Yes, it may seem trivial but my workload has increased tenfold, [feel sorry for me here].

Anywho, let's get started on this haul! I was browsing H&M when I spotted a sign for "20% off" and, as a girl who cannot resist discounts and sales, I jumped at the chance. What had started as a quick browse on my lunch hour quickly turned into a full blown shopping spree.

Initially it was the window display that grabbed my attention, the pretty pastels and minimalism drew me in, like the point of no return...


So here we have the first item of my haul, a pretty in pink pastel jumper; although the picture doesn't do the colour much justice... It's oversized and fine-knit making it perfect for when spring (eventually) arrives. 


Next we have this cute shirt that I could not leave behind, it looks great alone as well as under the new jumper. It has mesh detailing, again making it great for when warmer weather reaches us.


This kimono is by far my favourite item of this haul, the colours are perfectly muted and the design is making me dream of holidays on a beach, far away. I bought a kimono from H&M roughly 2 years ago now and it is just such an easy item to wear, I find that these sort of items paired with jeans and plain vest really make a difference!


I thought I'd be daring and try a new skirt - jeans are beginning to bore me now... and voila! I saw this skirt, tried it on and did not want to take it off. Great length and can be worn all year round, winner!


The mohair effect on these shoes grabbed my attention as they're different to just plain ol' shoes, they add real texture to an outfit; even if they are on your feet!


Now this last item is not H&M, but rather Topshop, I had to exchange an item as I lost my receipt (silly me) and out of the whole store, albeit not that big, this is all I could find that I really liked. Hopefully Topshop, Coventry will get some better items soon. It's killing me. Anyway, the embroidery on this shirt just stood out to me and it's a nice thin material with three buttons at the back making it nice and breezy :-)

I am simply waiting now for some better weather!

No comments:

Post a Comment